- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Digital Technology
Have you gotten a taste for leadership but, at the same time, still want to code?This role as a Competency Lead gives you an exciting opportunity to Digitalize the Engineering and Manufacturing areas of the LEGO Group and implement real solutions based on Industry 4.0 technologies.
Core Responsibilities:• Be part of a product team as a Software Developer
• Lead and develop a competency group of Software Engineers
• Work with people skillset and opportunities for growth, improvement, and training
• Work hands-on as an equal team member and Software Engineer in a product team
• Promote good engineering practices in product teams
• Drive technical excellence and DevSecOps culture and mindset
• Support Agile Methodologies and Continuous Improvement
• Attract/recruit diversity and talent in Billund
• Promote technical decisions and guidelines, like how test automation is built into a digital product or secure our systems are not vulnerable to hacker attacks, etc.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe Product Engineering Technology department provides solutions and technology for the engineering and manufacturing areas of the LEGO Group.
We support from design to produced elements with areas like Element Design, Mould Design, Mould production, Quality, and Moulding in the factories.
This also includes supporting the Sustainable Materials agenda and Additive Manufacturing.
Do you have what it takes?The ideal candidate has a strong interest in developing, enabling, and guiding others!
A Bachelor’s or Masters’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar is preferred.
In addition, you have:
• 3-4 years of hands-on Software engineering/development experience
• Professional experience in software development and a deep understanding of technology
• Hands-on experience in cloud native development and corresponding services like AWS or Azure
• Experience in working in an agile development environment
• Experience with container technologies like Docker and/or Kubernetes.
As a person, you have natural leadership skills and thrive in a large global workplace using your preferably international experience. It’s essential that you are a Team player and that you embrace diversity and communicate effortlessly in English, both written and verbally.
It is an advantage if you also have knowledge about Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing solutions and understand some terms such as MES, CAD, CAM, PLC, OT, or maybe Industry 4.0.
Join the global LEGO® team
What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programs run by local teams where you are based
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
This position is being managed by our talent search partner EPICO. By clicking on the apply button you’ll be taken to the job post on EPICO’s page where you should hit apply to submit your application. A member of the EPICO team will then review your profile and application.