- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Digital Technology
Location: Billund, DenmarkAre you passionate about helping us make optimal decisions based on data? Can you apply mathematical optimization and data science across a variety of areas to improve our operations and help develop the builders of tomorrow?
If so, apply now and join our fantastic Data Science Team!
We need data science to discover deeper insights, make predictions, or generate recommendations in a quickly to continue delivering world class learning-through play experiences to children across the globe.
For this role we need a data scientist to drive the algorithm development for our Model Builder product which is used to generate building instructions for creating our large-scale models for stores and parks.
Longer term, you will also become part of the incubation team which works with a wide range of business partners, with this role having particular focus on incubation of new data science areas.
Play your part in our team succeeding:• You will start by taking over responsibility for the optimization model that helps turn our large LEGO models for stores and parks into buildable instructions using mathematical optimization and heuristics
• Collaborating with partners to ensure that data science work is delivering real value.
• Translating complex data science concepts into simple and concise business language and distilling a storyline that can be communicated with partners on many levels of the business
• Developing advanced machine learning models – both for prediction and prescription.
• Staying up to date with all the latest ground-breaking technologies such as computer science fundamentals and programming.
• Transforming complex business problems into prototypes and actual products that drives repeated value through data science
Do you have what it takes?
Ideally, you have relevant background on one or more of the following: operations research, data science, computer science, computer engineering, statistics, mathematics, or equivalent quantitative subject area and a focus on mathematical optimization. A PhD is a bonus. You are comfortable using mathematical optimization solvers combined with strong heuristics. In additional, you have:
• Skilled in several of the fields Integer and convex optimization, simulations, operational research, linear algebra, statistics, and data analysis
• Experience programming in C++ or a similar language with the willingness to learn C++. Python and R experience are bonuses!
• Strong analytical capabilities and a flair for working with complex analytical challenges to grasp the relationships in data and how it ties in with the business. Furthermore, must possess the ability to communicate these in an easily accessible manner.
• Track record in completing optimization focused data science projects from end to end.
• Persistent with a well-rounded overview on potential solutions.
• Experience with working in agile environments (e.g. SCRUM teams).
• Fluent in English both written and spoken. Danish is a bonus
Join the global LEGO® team
What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
Colleague Discount - We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus - We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g., race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.