- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Digital Technology
Can you drive measurable business value through the applied use of data science? Are you passionate about helping us make decisions with data?Although it is a maternity leave position, we are currently expanding our team quickly so come check out the role and join our fantastic Data Science Team!
Core Responsibilities• Interpreting and delivering the results of findings to stakeholders within the business.
• Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure that data science work is delivering real value.
• Effectively communicating solutions to business problems, including the use of visualization techniques, and building automated dashboards.
• Working with disparate datasets and running algorithms on large data effectively and efficiently.
• Developing advanced machine learning models – both for prediction and description.
• Staying up to date with all the latest ground-breaking technologies such as computer science fundamentals and programming.
Play your part in our team succeedingWe need data science to discover deeper insights, make predictions, or generate recommendations in a quickly to continue delivering world class learning-through play experiences to children. This role is placed in the incubation team that works to spearhead the use of data science in new areas of the LEGO group ranging from manufacturing to retail.
Do you have what it takes?We are looking for a candidate with emphasis on one or more of the following: data science, economics, econometrics, computer science, computer engineering, statistics, mathematics, or equivalent quantitative subject area. A PhD is a strong bonus. You have a strong analytical capability and a flair for working with complex analytical challenges to grasp the relationships in data and how it ties in with the business. Furthermore, must possess the ability to communicate these in an easily accessible manner to non-technical people. In addition, you have:
• Ability to program in Python or R or similar with a willingness to learn. Maybe you also have experience working with source code management such as GIT as well as automated testing
• Exposure in using SQL/HQL (Hadoop, Hive)
• Collaborative spirit and possibly experience working in an agile environment
• Persistent with a well-rounded view on potential solutions
Join the global LEGO® teamWhat’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
Colleague Discount - We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus - We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.