- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Engineering & Quality
Do you have an Experience in acoustics modelling and design, simulation tools and measurement techniques, transducers and sound processing? Do you want to be a part of the Creative Play Lab where the new sound in LEGO® products as LEGO® Duplo and LEGO® Su
Then come and join the team where they joy to take the everlasting challenge to transform technology into new play and learning experiences
Core Responsibilities:• Acoustical engineer and specialist within the engineering team in Play Engineering
• Responsible for design of acoustical solutions for the LEGO product portfolio
• Responsible for driving and evolving the acoustical domain, tools, test, modelling and overall capabilities
• Design and prototype acoustic solutions, make technology choices, simulations, tests and PoC development
• Perform and oversee acoustic measurements of components, systems and subsystems, and final assemblies and perform thorough analysis
• Drive technology explorations, evaluate emerging technologies to refine existing and new play experiences
• Participation in cross-functional projects from early definition, design, implementation and verification
• Supports audio system design, conduct audio performance evaluation and tuning of our models
• Work with component suppliers and manufacturing partners to deliver solutions to the market
• Provide support to external Contract Manufacturers and internal functions.
• Collaborate and support sourcing teams on tactical and strategic level with suppliers and partners
Play your part in our team succeedingThis role is in the Embedded Systems and Mechanics Technology area in Play Engineering, which belongs in Product & Marketing Development’s Creative Play Lab.
Play Engineering delivers seamlessly integrated physical build & digital play experiences in collaboration with the wider LEGO organization.
Play Engineering develops software & hardware solutions and platforms for complete life cycle utilizing the newest technology with a dedicated focus on reusability and scalability in all our platforms.
We work closely together with internal and external partners to enable and innovate build and play experiences with focus on innovating play & build experiences with new technology.
This role is about developing acoustical solutions for the portfolio of LEGO products and to enable the best possible sound experiences for the various Play scenarios, ranging from the exploratory stage and to making sure solution can be manufactured.
Do you have what it takes?The ideal candidate has a degree in Acoustical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, equivalent or related science field with hands-on engineering and experience in product development.
• Technical knowledge related to the acoustics field, engineering, materials, physics, transducer technologies etc.
• Knowledge with micro acoustical systems and solutions, products and applications from headset, mobile hearing aid or similar products
• Experienced in speaker designs and following it all the way through from early stage to production
• Strong understanding of acoustic tests, test equipment, techniques and simulation tools
• Experience in specifying requirements for acoustic components, drivers, microphones, and acoustic meshes
• Ability to work independently as a specialist and competence lead within own field of expertise
• Some years of experience in cross functional product development in a R&D setting for serial manufacturing
• Has working experience in a global setting within external technology partners and/or university
In addition, you:
• Are self-driven, can initiate, plan, align, execute, implement and communicate on technology exploration
• Can drive own work with technology explorations into potential product solutions
• Have end to end understanding and experience from early stages to serial manufacturing
• Can define, design, develop and verify requirements within own field of expertise and engage with and train other professions i.e. test and quality competences on relevant acoustic properties
• Understands the dynamics within the fields of innovation and market driven product development
• Have experience in co-development of micro drivers and acoustical chambers
As a person you have strong collaborations skills in team with wide diversity. You have a can-do mindset and as a specialist the capability to engage and communicate with none specialists outside own domain
Also, you are
• A team player that thrives also to work alone depending on tasks and context
• A person with network or relation experience to university and academia
• Fluently in English, both written and oral
Join the global LEGO® team
What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
These are exciting times for the LEGO Group as they look to build on their continued success. In their quest to reach the builders of tomorrow they are looking to hire the best talent and have teamed up with some awesome partners in the market, like us! This might mean you could be contacted by multiple people about different opportunities. Don’t worry though, this just means you have a really interesting profile! Be sure to let us know if you’re already speaking with the LEGO Group directly so we can make sure you’re always talking to the right people.
This position is being managed by our talent search partner EPICO. By clicking on the apply button you’ll be taken to the job post on EPICO’s page where you should hit apply to submit your application. A member of the EPICO team will then review your profile and application.