- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Digital Technology
Location: Billund, Denmark
Are you energized by data? As our new Data Specialist, you will become part of a great team who strive to build and improve a high-quality data foundation and coordinate the delivery of the semantic layer across multiple data flows and partners!
Come join us!
Your responsibilities will be to:
You will be the link between business partners and data owners, data engineers, product owners, platform engineers and other team members, coordinating, driving and translating requirements for data flows. You can bring your knowledge in data structures into engagements with business areas, helping them to understand and achieve their data goals as well as deliver on our ETL and data foundation strategy around the Datalake across a wide and varied spectrum of data sources. Furthermore, you will:
• Assess the suitability of, prioritize, coordinate and drive the implementation of centralized data flows and ingestions, enabling self-service options for the data users.
• Drive the adoption of the self-service ingestion framework inside and outside of Digital Technology so that product teams that own data can manage data ingestions themselves.
• Advise business partners on data flow options to meet their foundational requirements and ensure dataflow are aligned with policies round data governance.
• Context-switch seamlessly between being an advisor and a learner, taking in technical options and limitations and translating these into opportunities and work.
• Contribute and/or provide input to initiatives to help define the right data flow architecture.
• Help us make the next step towards a more advanced data foundation by inputting ideas for curated data sets.
Play your part in our team succeeding
The role of the Data Office is to drive value from data across The LEGO Group. Our team builds and runs our central Data Platform, and is a Centre of Excellence for data intelligence, data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
In this role you will play a crucial part in transforming our organization to being engineering and architecture led within the Data Office. You will be working with both technical and non-technical partners to coordinate the delivery of solutions with proper architecture that will enable the company to become data driven.
Do you have what it takes?
If you have experience in Business Intelligence, Data and Systems Analysis, Business Analysis or similar with few years of experience working in a data focused environment, with a focus on data flows and SQL skills. In addition, you have:
• Ability to drive delivery in complex, multi-functional environments
• Knowledge of data compliance frameworks and regulation
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to context-switch at a high frequency
• Good communication skills both verbal and written in English
• Experience with working within an Agile environment
It would be an absolute bonus to have:
• Experience of distributed SQL query engines
• Experience of AWS environment
• Experience of Microsoft Azure platforms
Join the global LEGO® teamWhat’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
Colleague Discount - We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus - We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g., race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.