- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Product Design
Are you interested in developing and delivering world-class Operating System (OS) to bring new Play dimensions to LEGO® bricks?In this role within Play Engineering, you will be responsible for bringing the vision into reality and to inspire and empower the Play OS team to deliver scalable OS across the entire product portfolio and managing a team of talented embedded software / firmware engineers.
Play your part in our team succeeding:You will be a valued member of the Play Engineering Leadership Team, a people leader and sparring partner for your team, driving delivery of innovative technology solutions. Your mission is to connect the physical world with the digital one, and ultimately bring impactful play experiences to children through Digital Products and digital platforms. As such, you serve as an ambassador for the LEGO Values of creativity and fun, and you set the direction for your team, ensuring that you succeed together.
This role is a key member of the Play Engineering Leadership Team, under the Creative Play Lab (CPL) organization. CPL is part of the Product & Marketing Development (PMD) area.
Play Engineering delivers seamlessly integrated physical and digital build & play experiences in collaboration with the PMD organization.
We develop software & hardware solutions and platforms for complete life-cycle using the newest technology with a dedicated focus on reusability and scalability in our software platforms.
We build close partnerships, both internally and externally, to enable build and play experiences with focus on innovating radically new play & build experience with new technology.
The build and play experience will be enabled in platforms that strategically will secure the LEGO Group a competitive advantage for many years to come.
We work with an agile attitude and our objective is to develop unique products by bridging physical and software experiences to entertain and inspire people around the globe.
Core Responsibilities:· Lead the Play OS development team, focusing on supporting objectives and results within the product roadmap with scalable firmware architecture.
· Play a key role in setting strategic direction for play OS platform.
· Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to the team of developers to engage, empower and ensure team is led to perform at their best. Fulfil other people leader responsibilities (recruitment, on-boarding, performance & reward management, workforce planning and management).
· Together with internal and external partners, strategically drive the OS technology innovation to develop and enable digital and physical experiences
· Prototyping and experimenting with pioneering technology solutions together with CPL and product organization to elevate new play experiences
· Oversee documentation of the solutions, development processes and standards. Secure strong and consistent way of delivering quality solutions via agile development methodologies.
Do you have what it takes?
· Proven track record of software development experience including demonstrated ability in building and leading strong engineering teams.
· A can-do attitude, excellent communication and motivational skills as well as the entrepreneurial spirit vital to drive innovation in the team.
· Experience leading a team developing firmware for custom silicon.
· Strong background in computer architecture, bus technologies (such as I2C, SPI), IO protocols (such as PCIe, USB), BLE, and 802.11 protocols.
· Background in embedded device full life cycle testing and development for lower power MCU.
· Proven experience writing production code in C, C++, and/or Python.
· Fluency in English.
· Strong collaboration and partnership skills.
· Entrepreneurial spirit with passion for new technologies.
· Strategic and well-rounded problem solver with excellent attention to detail.
· Abiility and willingness to travel as required (approx. 20-30 days per year).
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/ Science or related field, with focus and experience in embedded firmware development.
Youl will find useful to have:
· Master’s degree in Computer Engineering/ Science, Science, or a similar field.
· Managed a team of 20+ engineers.
· Prior manufacturing experience and exposure to working with contract manufacturers.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & methodologies for the full software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Join the global LEGO® Team?What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.