- - Danmark, Copenhagen, Sjælland
- Job ID
- - Digital Technology
Are you interested in leading the design and definition of data flow and foundation architecture on our new technology stack?Bring you expertise to the table and help us craft the data foundation! This position can be based in Billund or Copenhagen.
Core ResponsibilitiesAs our Lead Data Engineer in the Data Office, you will become part of a team full of great talents who strive to build and improve a high quality data foundation on the Data Platform and lead a wide range of data flows and transformations to and on our data lake!
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Help promote, shape and execute our strategy around the data lake across a wide and varied spectrum of data sources.
• Bring your deep technical skills and extensive knowledge into engagements with business areas, help them find value and spot opportunities for innovation through data flows.
• Balance hands-on data engineering with advice and mentoring for junior colleagues and input to data related projects
• Work with Principal Engineers and other Lead Engineers on proper system architecture, identify requirements towards the platform components to drive the data ingestion agenda
• Establish data flow monitoring and early identification of issues in the pipeline
• Help us make the next step towards a more advanced data foundation by creating modeled and curated data sets
• Provide guidance on how to align with the company’s API strategy, help defining processes and best practices for creating and consuming API’s
• Get involved in high profile initiatives to help define the right data flow architecture and deliver tangible results quickly
• Be an ambassador for the Data Office and an active member of the Data Engineering competency
Play your part in our team succeedingOur team builds and runs our central Data Platform, and is a Centre of Excellence for data intelligence, data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
In this role you will play a crucial part in redefining our organization to being engineering and architecture led by the Data Office. You will be working with fellow lead engineers, BI and data engineers to deliver solutions with proper architecture that will enable the company to become data driven.
Do you have what it takes?You have a background within Computer Science / Software engineering / Business Intelligence / Engineering / Information Management / Information Technology / Analytics and several years working experience as a Data Engineer with proven track record. Other skills include:
• Advanced experience with architecting and/or designing end-2-end data flows and/or data analytical products
• Advanced Scala, Python and SQL skills
• Advanced experience of Nifi or similar tools
• Experience with Databricks and Airflow
• Good communication skills in English both verbal and written
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with working within an Agile environment where features are delivered following the practice of CI/CD
It would be an absolute bonus to have:
• Knowledge about NoSQL
• Experience with Distributed SQL Query Engines
• Experience of Microsoft Azure platforms
• Experience of Prestodb
Join the global LEGO® teamWhat’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
Colleague Discount - We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
Bonus - We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.