- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Information Technology
Step into this role to get the unique opportunity to be a key part in further digitalizing the LEGO® Partner & Markets platform.
You will be part of the customer focused engagement technology area that is responsible for a broader range of solutions facing our partners and the LEGO sales organization. We collaborate closely with the teams that drive the "Business-to-Business" strategy and its execution for the LEGO Group.
The Senior Engineering Manager will lead, coach, and support a competency group of 8–10 Software Engineers, lead engineering practice and drive the hands-on application development in close collaboration with the team.
• Support senior engineering management and the recruiting team to lead the hiring, onboarding, and retention of diverse and hardworking software engineers.
• Work with product owners and architects to provide technical leadership within product squads and support the timely delivery of technical solutions.
• Work with other engineering managers to establish and advocate the best quality engineering practices across the organization.
• Be an active contributor to the engineering leadership team and a role model for the LEGO Group ways of working and principles.
Play your part in our team succeeding
Our motivated teams are responsible for digital products delivering value for our customer focused engagement area. We are applying curiosity and bravery to constantly improve our products and make end-users love our solutions.
We work with a modern tech stack; our frontends are based on React and use APIs towards our backend which is based on container and FaaS technologies. Cloud infrastructure is developed using CDK and the Serverless Framework mainly deployed on AWS.
Sharing and bringing forth new insights for improvements is an integral part of the role to ensure that we constantly strive to produce the best possible quality in our digital products.
Do you have what it takes?The preferred candidate has experience in leading and recruiting software engineers and holds a bachelor’s or master’s degree within Computer Science or a similar related field, or equal and equivalent professional experience. Several years of hands-on experience in full-stack or back-end software development using cloud technologies and modern scaleable/resilient solutions along with a passion for technology, opensource and eagerness to learn new technologies. Familiarity working in an agile setup is expected.
To succeed in this role, you ideally have experience within some of the following:
• Preferably with customer focused engagement technology.
• Hands-on in cloud native development and corresponding services as well as architecture design patterns.
• Proficient in modern technology stacks and architectural patterns like event driven architectures and microservices.
• Experienced with CI/CD pipelines and git-based source control.
• Container technologies like Docker or Kubernetes.
• Domain driven design.
Advanced English both written and verbally is a need since we are an international gathered team.
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
"Bring your tech talent and people passion into play and become part of a big IT community and get the chance to spar with other specialists that share interest!"