- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- - Storbritannien
- Job ID
- - Digital
Are you interested in developing and delivering outstanding software to bring new Play dimensions to LEGO bricks?In this role within Play Engineering, you will be responsible for bringing the vision into reality and to encourage and empower the team to deliver software applications across the entire product portfolio!
Core ResponsibilitiesIt will be your job to lead the software development team, focusing on providing the Product Groups (Marketing) and Creative Play Lab with outstanding technology solutions on Play software experiences.
• Play a key role in setting strategic direction for software experience platforms including voice, AR, AI/ML and other latest technologies. Develop and support these newest technologies by addition of new components to the Play software experience platform.
• Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to the team of Developers and Producers; engage, motivate and make sure team is led to perform at their best. Fulfil other people leader responsibilities (recruitment, on-boarding, performance & reward management, workforce planning and management).
• Together with internal and external partners, strategically drive the software technology innovation and develop and launch digital experience
• Together with the team, deliver play experiences through various platforms such as web and native mobile applications
• Manage portfolio of software products and software platforms from cradle to grave.
• Prototype new technology solutions together with CPL and PG organization and add new play experiences to new and already launched LEGO Products.
• Oversee documentation of the solutions, development processes and standards. Secure strong and consistent way of delivering quality solutions via agile development methodologies.
Play your part in our team succeeding!This role is a key member of the Play Engineering Leadership Team, under the Creative Play Lab (CPL) organization. CPL is part of the Product & Marketing Development (PMD) area.
Play Engineering delivers seamlessly integrated digital build & play experiences in collaboration with the LEGO PMD organization.
We develop software & hardware solutions and platforms for complete life-cycle utilizing the newest technology with a dedicated focus on reusability and scalability in our software platforms.
We work closely together with internal and external partners to enable build and play experiences with focus on innovating the play & build experience with new technology.
The build and play experience will be enabled in platforms that strategically will secure LEGO a competitive advantage many years to come.
We are working with an agile approach. We seek to enable our consumers with software play experiences. Our objective is to develop true LEGO experiences by bridging physical and software build and play experiences.
Do you have what it takes?You probably hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/ Science or a similar field, within software development. You are fully proficient in English and:
• 10+ years of software development experience; 5+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering team
• A can-do attitude, excellent communication and motivational skills as well as the entrepreneurial spirit necessary to drive innovation in the team
• Software development experience in building web services and highly scalable applications
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, and test-driven development
• Strong collaboration and partner management skills.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with passion for new technologies.
• Strategic and holistic problem solver with attention to details.
Ability and willingness to travel approx. 20-30 days per year.
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.