- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Apprentices
Internship for Summer/Fall 2021We are looking for a dedicated Bachelor student to help us establish the mechanical lifetime baseline of knobs, cross holes and other connecting points on LEGO elements, which are used again and again by kids building and rebuild creative LEGO creations.
More specifically, your role will include:You will imitate the wear and tear of time and children’s hands, but over a short time span, which will involve both simple and more complicated laboratory-based tests. Furthermore, you will be testing on new materials and thereby be part of the exciting path for new sustainable LEGO bricks. Are you passionate about quality and aim for excellence in your everyday work? Would you like to help safeguard the quality of LEGO® products of tomorrow by matching the high standard that the LEGO® products are known for today?
- Prepare, design and conduct mechanical tests on materials in the LEGO portfolio as well as new sustainable materials (UR-robots, Mecmesin tensile and torque, Mindstorm, etc.)
- Collect and analyze data from mechanical tests
- Use Six Sigma approaches like MSA and DOE to ensure good quality in our tests and data
- Look at tests processes from different angles using your critical mindset
- Develop and optimize new test equipment
- Support your colleagues across the team
Who are we?We are part of Quality in Development, meaning we help ensure the high quality of new and existing LEGO products that children and adults can enjoy for generations. When it comes to us as a team, we are big on enjoying the time spent at work, with room for both fun and learning. Different areas of expertise allow us to be flexible in finding solutions and we are excited for you to contribute with new ideas and a fresh view on things.
Who are you?- A committed, full-time engineering student currently enrolled in a higher education program and the internship must count for a certain number of ECTS points
- Looking for a 5-6 month internship
- Enjoy working in a team as well as on your own
- Proactive and curious – we believe in freedom with responsibility
- Have a desire to understand the science of everything around you
- Proficient in English (written and oral)
Bringing it to LifeIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. A student job is about gaining experience and not delivering it from day one. We look very much forward to reading your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter, a copy of your grades and your CV.
This position was posted 15-04 2021 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.
Due to the uncertain situation the world is currently in because of COVID-19, and the unforeseen consequences hereof, we can only accept applications from students based in Denmark.