- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Ingeniør
Would you like to spend the Fall semester of 2021 learning from a team of specialists at the heart of the LEGO Group?Use your engineering skills to translate creative design requirements into physical production equipment - and see how this equipment produces the decoration of the well-known LEGO® brick.
Help develop new processing equipmentYou will join our Engineering team which is responsible for developing processing production equipment to ensure that we can produce the decoration of new LEGO bricks with speed and efficiency. We also provide support and specialist knowledge to our global production sites to continuously improve and optimise our running production.
As an integrated member of the team, you will contribute to:
- Designing, developing and testing new processing equipment within our current standards, guidelines and machine platforms
- Ensuring the performance of new equipment (safe to operate, high quality, high stability, satisfying output, acceptable cost, etc.)
- Maturing concepts based on requirements for internal customers in collaboration with our specialist team (decoration technician, equipment technician and production process engineer)
- Assessing the need for processing production equipment and deciding on how to solve it
- Designing 2D and 3D drawings as well as technical specifications
Be part of a collaborative and high-performance cultureIn the Processing department, you will join a large group of technical specialists which all focus on the mechanical development of production equipment. We enjoy an open and honest working environment with room for fun. Relying on our different areas of expertise allows us to be flexible in finding solutions, and we are excited for you to contribute with what you know - and for you to grow, as you get more responsibility in the team.
You will work from our HQ in Billund, Denmark, and there is a good chance that you can join a carpool to take you here.
Aspiring engineering student with a strong understanding of mechanicsTo gain as much as possible from this position, you need a flair for technical problem solving as well as a natural curiosity that allows you to proactively seek out new information. You are not afraid to ask questions, and you are excited about the opportunity to become an integrated part of our team of specialists. Moreover, we imagine that:
- You are currently studying engineering - either on your master’s or well into your bachelor’s degree. Alternatively, you have 3+ years of experience from a technical trainee programme within mechanical engineering or technical product design and development
- You have experience working with 3D CAD design (preferably in Siemens NX or similar software) as well as technical specification and documentation
- You have a good theoretical understanding of mechanics, technical design principles and materials
- You have some experience working with product or equipment development processes - e.g., from your studies
- You speak and write English effortlessly
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer. Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
“This is a perfect internship if you want to work with mechanics and are excited about developing technical solutions. You will get the opportunity to test your theoretical knowledge as you follow a project from concept and design, through manufacturing and testing. As part of the team you will experience a lot of knowledge sharing, responsibility and support for you to grow (as an engineer) and have a lot of fun!”