- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Information Technology
Do you want to bring your tech talent and passion about cloud infrastructure into play by helping the LEGO Group build our new content hub?Then this is your unique opportunity to be a part of defining and building cutting-edge technology products in an engaging, dynamic and pioneering product team!
Core ResponsibilitiesWe have a new vision for enabling customers, partners and LEGO® employees to easily and securely access, enrich and collaborate around digital assets and product data.
As our new Senior Application Engineer, you will be part of an engineering team building applications and APIs that will deliver precisely this vision.
You have a passion for cloud infrastructure and will be the main driver for defining, maintaining and setting the direction for how we operate, build and monitor our environments.
• Ensure secure setup and practices
• Take part in architecting the applications
• Enable fantastic user experience for both application users and API consumers.
• Build high performance application and services using primarily serverless microservice technologies in the AWS cloud. (Node.js / React / GraphQL / Lambda / AWS serverless stack)
• Participate in reviews and sparring around architecture with other engineers to secure high quality in our solutions
• Identify and resolve scalability and performance issues
• Aside from enabling your own team you will also collaborate in technology guilds with the broader organization
Play your part in our team succeedingIn the LEGO group, we provide great continuous learning opportunities. You will get access to - just naming a few - Pluralsight, LinkedIn learning, AWS certified trainings as well as offline events, classes etc.
As part of engineers-led transformation organization, we have crafted a great career framework for our engineers and strongly support you in pursuing your passion in technologies. This position will be located in Billund, Denmark, but we also have engineer hubs in Copenhagen, London and Shanghai.
We are organized in autonomous product teams working according to the agile methodologies with an end-to-end responsibility and a close collaboration with the business.
Do you have what it takes?You probably have a degree in Computer Science or related technical field combined with some years of work experience. We will consider and weigh functional experience and academic qualifications at equal terms.
We welcome some experience and/or strong interest in the following areas:
• Java, Node.JS, Typescript or similar programming languages.
• Experience with operating high-performance applications and services in the AWS cloud.
• Experience with security in web-based solutions and APIs.
• Experience with cloud configuration e.g. Infrastructure-as-code.
• Familiar with container technologies.
• Interest in automating build/deployment pipelines. (CI/CD)
• Experience with network–setup in a cloud context (e.g. VPCs, network routing)
Furthermore, you will be working in our brand-new headquarter - the LEGO Campus, which is an exciting experience on its own. You will also enjoy a great employee discount on all LEGO products because of your great contributions to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow”!
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.