- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Information Technology
Today most children’s first encounter with the LEGO® brand is through a digital experience. In this role you are part of making sure that the first impression is a phenomenal one.If you love digital and wants to go to work each morning knowing that the fruit of your work will reach a unique audience and inspire the builders of tomorrow – join our awesome team.
Core Responsibilities• In collaboration with stakeholders and product managers, you will set the direction for our consumer facing account system
• Acting as the overall delivery lead for multiple teams, you will ensure focus and progress towards desired outcomes and results
• Take part in and help build up the new Consumer Platform Technologies leadership team shaping the culture of a newly formed department
• Organize and run the consumer identity engineering area by enacting classical leadership activities to foster a motivated, brave and curios engineering capability group with focus on excellent craftmanship
• Hire and onboard great engineers and support their continued development and skill building
• Continuously formulate, document and communicate the technical direction within your capability area and tie it to people development and training
• Champion development best practices through coaching and mentoring
• Support a “product culture” mindset by matching people and their skills to product teams
• Build a structure for and secure execution of knowledge sharing and interest groups
• Foster a collaborative environment for your product teams enabling them to release their potential
Do you have what it takes?• A degree in software engineering, computer science or an IT focused commercial degree. Alternatively, proven experience from similar positions
• 4+ years of documented experience from a digital engineering position
• 2+ years demonstrated experience working as people or team lead in the digital world
• Understanding of agile methodologies and experience working with or on agile development teams
• Superb communication, leadership, mentoring, and negotiation skills
• Solid stakeholder management competencies
In addition, it would be an advantage if you:
• Have experience with IdentityServer, identity management and application authentication patterns
• Value efficient and agile product implementation over process heavy project execution
• Have knowledge of -or hands-on experience with C# and/or Amazon Web Services
• Are not foreign to concepts like continuous delivery, DevOps, serverless architecture and domain driven design
• Have prior documented experience working with software product development as a product owner, tech lead or similar
Play your part in our team succeedingOur consumer identity management system – LEGO® Account - is used by millions around the world. LEGO®Account offers unique design and technical challenges as it serves many age groups and is used in many different digital experiences ranging from e-commerce to snack games.
LEGO® Account is anchored within the Consumer Engagement Platform department which is responsible for a wide range of content pipelines and services that powers our digital experiences. With a focus on great engineering craftmanship and modern cloud native architecture, quality is not an afterthought for us. It must be built into the fabric of our applications and service from the start, using automated tests and build/deploy pipelines.
In this role you will take ownership for the continued development and operation of LEGO® Account and the supporting applications and services. You will set direction for the product teams and at the same time have the direct leadership of a skilled group of engineers. Understanding the usage of LEGO® Account and the value it creates across the company is key. Expect to bring your technical competencies into play in dialogues and explorations with great colleagues across other areas of our digital world, bringing back their input to explore new opportunities for our identity platform.
Being part of the platform leadership team, you will ensure transparency to backlog, objectives and direction within your area, and at the same time ensure alignment on architecture, technology and processes to the broader organization.
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.