- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Produktdesign/Udvikling
Are you still a kid at heart and have a remarkable interest in designing and developing new products that blend digital and physical play for kids globally, encouraging the innovators of tomorrow?This is your chance to join an energetic UX design team that works across the LEGO® franchises to bring innovation in play through digital/physical interaction!
Core ResponsibilitiesIn this role as a Senior Interactive Play Designer you bring interactive products to market by designing great proven connected experiences! You will be the key driver of the design process and lead the digital experience development. More specifically you will:
• Perform research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
• Stay up to date on current industry play trends and market conditions
• Coordinate with designers to ensure accurate communication and efficiency in the design phase
• Modify and revise existing processes to improve efficiency. Challenge the status quo!
• Facilitating design processes internally and externally
• Effectively communicate concept ideas (both verbally and visually)
• Connect with consumers (kids) by empathizing with their needs and developing the right level of prototypes to explore fun interactive play with them via Play Testing
• Actively provide support and mentorship to own team, and act as a go-to-person within interactive play design for LEGO® design
• Manage and collaborate with, internal and external partners from concept to product launch
• Be the key creative driver of the product app experience development, in collaboration with the internal app producer
Play your part in our team succeedingYou will join the Interactive Play Center in Billund, Denmark. We are a team of 10+ interactive play designers, who are working coordinated across the our portfolio of projects including digital/physical products. We are part of the novelty projects and are working closely together with model designers, marketeers, app developers and more, drive and support interactive play innovation for both new product experiences in development and for existing products already live in the market.
An innovative and curios mentality is required to push the boundaries on how much new play we can bring to kids globally and how we are bringing longevity in LEGO play to kids worldwide.
Do you have what it takes?To thrive in this position, you have a collaborative approach and love working in cross functional project teams, with external vendors and strategic partners. You have excellent communication and motivational skills, as well as the vital entrepreneurial spirit to drive innovation. In addition, you have:
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Game Development, Human Computer Interaction, UX or Relevant Field.
• 5+ years’ work experience in developing connected toys and/or video games and have deep knowledge of play/game mechanics and longevity systems
• Expertise to ‘hack’ and quickly prototype/visualize a play experience using both digital and physical means, to communicate the fun to kids, and internal as well as external partners
• Proven skills in relevant software's (e.g. Sketch, Figma, XD, PSD)
• Ability to breakdown and execute large design challenges in an incremental and structured way
The successful final applicant will be asked to take part in a Child Safety Background Check.
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
Please include your portfolio as a file (max. 2 MB per file) or link, a motivation letter, and a current CV in English. Applications without a portfolio will not be taken into consideration.