- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Information Technology
Do you want to develop state of the art technology components that add outstanding play value and play experience for kids around the world?Join us to experience how a kid´s eyes light up when they are inspired by a technology component that you helped create!
Core ResponsibilitiesAs our new Embedded Software Engineer, you will join an amazing team of 12 highly engaged and skilled firmware colleagues.
The Firmware team is responsible for the development of all firmware product technologies for the LEGO Group. The tasks include all aspects related to firmware in support of electronic prototyping, hardware development, and low-level API implementation.
We are also responsible for contributing towards test equipment for mass production, and we support production throughout the full product lifetime, including reengineering and maintenance. This includes:
• early concept and technology innovation of firmware as part of a cross-functional team
• prototyping technologies and play experience in close collaboration with novelty teams
• specifying and implementing firmware components for relevant technologies in LEGO technology components
• development of our firmware platform
• collaborating with Product Technology Engineering teams as well as our Product Design Groups
Play your part in our team succeedingIn Product Technology - Firmware, we strive towards being the electronics excellence centre at the LEGO Group by being an inspiring and dependable value adding business partner. We develop state of the art technology components that add outstanding play value and experiences for our end users.
The product portfolio that Product Technology supports, ranges from simple lighting and sound units, remote control hubs and peripherals, to advanced robotic platforms and LEGO® Education products.
Do you have what it takes?You could be a senior, but we are also open for a more junior profile with just a couple of years’ relevant experience, and who aspires to develop and grow into the role.
You hold a Bachelor´s or Master’s degree within Computer Science or similar Electronics/Firmware Engineering and have 2-5 years’ of working experience where you have had a strong focus on microcontroller development and all of the challenges that come with limited processor resources. The ideal candidate, also has:
• experience with embedded C programming
• some hardware experience and the ability to read a basic schematic - you should know which end of a soldering iron is hot
• Proficient use of advanced development and debugging tools, e.g., C compilers, GIT, GCC, IAR, analyzers, etc.
• experience with CI/CD setups and test-driven development
• familiar with agile development methods
• experience with platform development and embedded software architecture
You have an innovative mind-set and are motivated by and work comfortably with engineers as well as creatives. You thrive in a team setting and you are energized by achieving together.
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Bringing it to life
The Firmware Group within Product Technology is a highly experienced and cohesive team that takes pride in our work. We are constantly trying to improve our processes and develop new technology while building on our existing platforms. Join us and experience seeing a kid´s eyes light up when they are inspired by a technology component that you helped create!