- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Information Technology
Are you a passionate techie who wants to build high-quality digital experiences and be part of an ambitious full feature team?Bring your software wizard skills to the table and help bridge the physical LEGO® world and the digital world!
Core ResponsibilitiesAs part of our full feature agile software development team, you will drive the technical design, estimation, and implementation of solutions in close collaboration with the team and partners. Moreover, you will:
• develop, operate & maintain robust and scalable solutions - striking the right balance between feature set, security and quality, applying a “you build it – you run it” philosophy.
• be responsible for adhering to the defined quality standards both in regards to product and processes
• continuously improve the health of the team's codebase and systems, from dev to live, ensuring the current state is visible outside the team.
• ensure world-class quality and be a steward of LEGO® values that consumers expect from our brand.
• bring your curiosity to explore new technologies that can help us improve and move our solutions.
Play your part in our team succeedingAs part of the digital organization in the LEGO Group, specifically the Digital Agile Development (DAD) department, our mission is to create and run a resilient and agile digital ecosystem, enabling digital experiences in the LEGO Group. Our responsibilities are, amongst other things, LEGO.com/Kids, the LEGO® Life app, LEGO® Account, LEGO® Digital Building Instructions, and many supporting systems and services. As such, we are an integral part of the company’s strategy to use digitalization.
Our department has pioneered the use of cloud infrastructure within the LEGO Group. We strive to remain in the lead when it comes to utilizing its full potential, for instance, through serverless architecture.
You will work on experiences that will reach millions of kids and adults worldwide, and you will join a highly-skilled international team that values individual talents and team spirit, where playing and having fun is an integral part of working.
Why should you aspire to be part of our awesome tech family?
Well, you get to work with awesome techies who are passionate about delivering high-quality solutions and who love to learn from one another by sharing knowledge and staying up-to-date on new technologies. We work in agile and autonomous product teams, so you should expect to be asked for your expert opinion on approaching challenges and building the best possible solutions. We are informal, dress casually, and have a laid-back approach so you will feel right at home. We love to be part of a tech community where we can live out some of our tech dreams and ambitions, and where we can experiment, build phenomenal products, and help bridge the physical LEGO® world and the digital world - worldwide.
Do you have what it takes?You should be a passionate and experienced developer who loves to learn. Ideally, you have a bachelor’s or Master’s degree within Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Technology, or a similar related field, 5+ years of experience, and have success stories to share from a similar role as a developer.
To succeed in this role, you should ideally have:
• experience with C#/.NET or similar programming languages and feel comfortable adapting depending on how to create the best and most valuable solutions.
• experience with operating high-performance solutions in AWS
• experience with security in web-based solutions.
• experience with both relational databases and NoSQL data models
• expertise or the will to learn more about the AWS infrastructure setup related to web applications (e.g., DNS, CDN, load balancing, etc.)
• spoken and written working proficiency in English.
As a person, we expect you to be self-driven, like to interact with various people, and continuously think about how we succeed as a team. Also, to fit into our awesome team, you should naturally bring a positive can-do-mindset.
Join the global LEGO familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity, and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. There will be performed a Child Safe Background screening.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future, and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
"Today most children’s first encounter with the LEGO brand is through a digital experience. In this role, you are part of making sure that the first impression is a great one.
If you love digital and want to go to work each morning knowing that the fruit of your work will reach a unique worldwide audience and inspire the builders of tomorrow – join our awesome team."