- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- - Storbritannien
- - Ungarn
- Job ID
- - Ingeniør
Do you have what it takes to lead an exiting and highly prioritized process engineering definition program within the LEGO Group?This Senior Director role, will give you an unique opportunity to be in the forefront of defining the future positioning of the LEGO® brand in the digital era of our company and at the same time to drive impact by bringing your strategic and technical mindset into play.
Core ResponsibilitiesGlobal Engineering Electronics Director:
• Manage complex engineering projects in the consumer industry, leading a cross-functional team (in-house and external EMS staff) including engineering, testing, NPI, manufacturing.
• Mitigate and resolve potential conflicts and escalations due to topics such as timelines, deadlines, budgets, change requests or similar in the process engineering domain.
• Act as a central point of contact and advisor in regards to process development for both internal stakeholders such as Program or Project Managers and for our EMS partners.
• Own process engineering functional expertise in terms of DfX, Testing Platforms (AOI), act as the IPC expert on behalf of the LEGO Group.
• Establish internal Engeneering and manufacturing competences for electronic parts and assembly in close collaboration with local LEGO site management.
Owner of Process Engineering Function within LEGO development process:
• Participate in the relevant Milestone Meetings and prepare the process specific activities and deliverables of the LDP: DfX assessments, AOI and testing platforms, NPI introduction.
• Lead and drive development of new equipment for internal production.
Owner of yield objective at EMS:
• Coordinate engineering project activities and team members across global EMS sites, and resolve issues as necessary according to the project schedule.
• Accountable for cycle time and yield management optimization of all EMS partners (EMS business model, CAPEX and OPEX negotiations in joint responsibility with the LEGO EMS Procurement Director).
• Understand the requirements of the Toy Industry in which the suppliers have to operate.
• Share best practices globally; represent the LEGO Group in IPC forum.
• Continuously seek improvements in daily work.
• Align, where useful, with the LEGO Engineering Group (mainly focused on plastic related processes).
Play your part in our team succeedingInternal Processing within the LEGO Group has the mission to engineer and develop robust solutions for our internal manufacturing sites. Parts External Manufacturing within the LEGO Group (PEM) has the mission to design/engineer, source, plan and deliver new parts in expected quality through global 3rd party design & manufacturing network partners. This role will play a crucial part in the strong collaboration between the two areas to be able to find the most optimal sourcing route.
Over the last years the LEGO Group has been enhancing its play experience with the digital component. The digital component introduces the LEGO Group to new competence domains as physical network connectivity and eco systems, software management and application development. We work with specific electronics contract manufacturers (EMS) in Asia and Europe, trying to re-scope the responsibilities of product development versus process development, where the last one will be fully integrated within the contract manufacturer.
The LEGO Group is therefor looking for a Senior Director of the Global Electronics Engineering department who will, together with his team, take responsibility for the process development over all projects hereby using the full accountability of the EMS partners in Asia and Europe. Over time we want to build up internal manufacturing compentences as well, so this is also an important part of the responsibility area.
Do you have what it takes?The ideal candidate holds a Master Degree in engineering (electronics or mechatronics) and has a demonstrated working experience of 15 years plus in managing complex engineering projects. In addition we expect that you have:
• Experience working on projects in the automation industry (medical, automation, consumer) with high level of design process milestone management.
• Solid knowledge of DfX methodology (mainly DFM), deep understanding of electronics testplatforms and IPC industry.
• In depth working experience with EMS partners, in particular in joint development of process technologies (DFM), launch of projects (NPI) and yield optimizations.
• Solid leadership experience in a high technical environment.
• Either high interest in setting up an internal production setup or even more preffereble already have experience within this field.
As a person you have strong interpersonal and communication skills with multicultural experience (Asia, Europe) You are fluent in English and used to interact with and present to customers and senior internal and external stakeholders. This role will also require:
• An innovative and strategic mindset with a driven and action-oriented approach.
• A leadership style that empowers motivation and feedback.
• The ability to adjust to change in a positive way.
• Strong result orientation: strives to deliver consistently.
• Effective collaboration skills - effectively & openly engages with colleagues.
• Willingness to travel for business to Hungary, Asia, but also London/Denmark – depending on where you choose to live.
For this role you can live in DK, UK or Hungary but the role requires geographical flexibility since the first two years of the assignment will be with primary work location in Hungary - close to the EMS manufacturing supplier, during the development and ramp up phase. You will be able to commute to Hungary for the first two years and then afterwards your work base will be in Billund – DK, where future R&D development for internal production setup will take place.
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.
“Be instrumental in positioning the LEGO® brand in the digital era of the company trying to remain sticky with its main endorsers i.e. the children of the world”
Denmark, Billund; United Kingdom, London ; Hungary, Budapest