- - Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- - Ingeniør
Do you have a burning passion for production design and optimization via Discrete Event Simulation?Use your passion to drive improvement, design analysis and optimization at the LEGO Group in a global simulation team.
Core Responsibilities• Build, develop and manage simulation models.
• Perform detailed data and production analysis, both at the shop floor and in your simulation models.
• Support your global Project teams with detailed simulation results.
• Actively use innovation to create results such as improved layout, equipment, and processes.
• Ensure coherence and collaboration across technology platforms within MDI and within Engineering.
• Drive local and global projects and ensure that customer satisfaction towards delivery quality, Time and Cost are delivered in high quality.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe overall focus of the MD&I organisation (manufacturing, design & Implementation) is to develop and implement complete global factory setups including machines, equipments and systems in the Operation organisation. To run improvement/change/replacement projects of all types in the Operation organization. Furthermore, to secure global sharing of best practise, standardization and aligning of processes.
The position is providing an important contribution to our core manufacturing skills and ways of working in the LEGO Group. The role of working with Real Time Simulation is unique in the department; there are no duplicates.
This position is located in Billund-DK, but with the alternative of Kladno-CZ or Nyiregyhaza-HU.
Do you have what it takes?The ideal candidate has a Bachelor or master-degree in industrial production engineering or similar and has been working with production design or preferred production simulation for a minimum of 3 years. You have experience in managing a simulation project from beginning to end and you have worked with Discrete Event Simulation software – preferred Siemens Plant Simulation. Furthermore, we expect that you:
• Master one or more programming skills such as Java, C#, PLC Programming, Robot Programming.
• Understand and have experience with production processes.
• Have expertise in modelling of physical systems and/or processes.
• Have the ability to use MS Office products on a professional level with focus on MS Excel.
It will be an advantage if you, in addition to the above:
• Have experience in: Teamcenter, Siemens Process Simulate, Visual Components, can be an advantage.
• Have knowledge within: MES systems, SAP/ERP systems, PLM & PDM systems.
• Understand the basics in LEAN principles and Virtual Commissioning.
• Can apply Statistics and probability theories in the daily work.
• Have the ability to conduct structured problem solving, learn new software tools/technologies and to use modelling and simulation for scenario testing and to enable decision making.
You are used to working hands-on in a team to solve business problems as well as conduct requirements gathering, scoping and estimation, interaction and delivery of results. You are experienced working autonomously or as part of a wider team and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders. We also hope that you can relate to the below:
• Good communicative skills – ability to appropriately ask questions and communicate results in a clear way.
• Good at documenting.
• Are able to travel app. 30 days per year to meet LEGO® colleagues, participate in global projects and meet with external partners.
• Advanced English skills – both oral and written.
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO® Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO® Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO® Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO® Group.
A simulation manager in the LEGO Group is living our LEGO® Values – by having Fun building the simulation models, while Learning about advanced production setups, using Imagination & Creativity to find and develop solutions and delivering good Quality simulation results to the project teams for the right decision making.