- Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
Are you passionate about engineering data intensive applications?Are you energized by crafting, building and maintaining data products, working with serverless architecture together with big data technologies?
Play your part in our team succeedingThe global Data Engineering team consists of 40+ great internal and external people spread out globally, with this role sitting in the Data Products and Analytics team in our LEGO® head office in Billund. Our Data Engineering unit builds solutions for all areas in the LEGO Group and is involved in a number of strategic initiatives.
As Senior Data Engineer you will work within a team that uses a combination of coding, data modelling, algorithms and cloud services to build data products, e.g. recommender systems and data workflow products in Spark, with full-stack responsibility of solutions. The solutions are both deployed on our Cloudera stack and on AWS infrastructure.
This position is primarily going to focus on developing a new product, where we are building a central system for storing, managing and utilizing data on shoppers and consumers, by having a unified data model for all sources. The tasks will focus on building this up from the bottom and then exposing the data in a secure manner. The product is going to ensure we are GDPR compliant and ensure that we can meet global requirements for handling PII data.
You are going to work in a multi-functional team with participants from our data management and data science teams to fulfil the high priority goal of making the LEGO group more data driven in the future. Examples of technologies we are currently working with are the Cloudera Hadoop stack, S3, Spark, Gitlab, AWS Kinesis, AWS Lambdas, Docker and DynamoDB, but we are constantly looking for new
possibilities to improve our stack.
Core ResponsibilitiesOwning the design and implementation of scalable and data intensive, solutions and design, build and maintain logical data models.
Also you will:
• Implement security gates and metrics to ensure no misuse of data
• Manage unit, integration and system test phases to ensure modularity
• Be responsible for utilizing and implementing the right technology and frameworks based on the architecture
• Work closely with global partners both in Business and IT
• Ensure that necessary documentation is created, completed and compliant
• Balance Data Engineering solutions with changing business priority and focus
Do you have what it takes?You have 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer and 2+ years of leading data products development lifecycles. Also you have:
• Solid experience with Python and Scala, especially within Apache Spark
• Experience in building data pipelines within AWS services or a Big Data stack
• Understanding how to map business requirements to a logical data model
• Expert or the will to become one in End-to-End Cloud solutions (AWS)
• Experience in leading a team of junior to mid-level engineers and being a mentor
• A solid focus on keeping deadlines and proactively delivering high quality results
• Leadership proficiencies, a natural role model and a good standout colleague
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at The LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of The LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to "inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow".
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.