- Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- Information Technology
Are you interested in creating technology that empowers playful learning experiences for children?Join a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team that is leveraging technology to build the next generation of STEAM learning experiences for children.
Core Responsibilities• Recruit, lead, and support the engineering team responsible for LEGO® Education’s software platform
• Engage as a heads-on collaborator with software engineering tasks including working with your team to establish requirements, set technical direction, define engineering processes, and deliver new products
• Contribute as a member of LEGO Education’s technology leadership team to support the establishment of team-wide strategy, processes, culture, and technology roadmap
• Collaborate closely with colleagues in the design, quality assurance, firmware, hardware, and manufacturing teams to ensure the timely delivery and quality of our play experiences
• Investigate new technologies and partnerships that can support LEGO Education’s mission to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow
Play your part in our team succeedingChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do.
Starting with the initial release of LEGO MINDSTORMS™ in 1998, we have been at the forefront of building experiences that merge digital and physical play. Today, building on this history with products like LEGO SPIKE Prime™, LEGO BOOST™, and LEGO HIDDEN SIDE™. Creating these new types of learning and play opportunities for children requires a highly innovative, collaborative, and iterative mindset and approach.
Our team at LEGO Education builds the technology that enables these types of creative, playful, and impactful learning experiences for children around the world. We are seeking an experienced and passionate engineering leader to join our team that designs and develops our STEAM learning products.
Do you have what it takes?• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
• 8+ years of experience in software development
• 3+ years of experience in the leadership of engineering teams
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Working knowledge of Python
• Working knowledge of software development pipelines, associated tools, and best practices (e.g., test frameworks, performance benchmarking, version control, CI)
• Advanced English
Nice to have:
• Experience developing software systems that are closely integrated with hardware (e.g., IoT, robotics, industrial automation)
• Experience with Bluetooth Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, USB, and MFi
• Experience with the governance of Open Source projects (e.g., licensing, community management, workflows, etc)
• Evaluating and managing third-party suppliers
• Thrives in a highly collaborative team environment
• Passion for education and learning
Join the global LEGO familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group
“Playing with LEGO® bricks is a big part of what initially sparked my interests in engineering and mathematics. It is wonderful to be part of the team that is building the toys that will inspire the next generation of makers.”
If this sounds interesting to you, please send your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org