- Danmark, Billund, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- Information Technology
Are you interested in creating technology that empowers playful learning experiences for children?Join a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team that is leveraging technology to build the next generation of STEAM learning experiences for children.
Core Responsibilities• Create software that enables learning experiences and connects between the physical and digital world
• Collaborate with a highly interdisciplinary team (e.g., design, firmware, hardware)
• Support development of peers (e.g., peer programming, code reviews, whiteboard sessions, play testing)
• Investigate new technologies that can support LEGO® Education’s mission to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow
Play your part in our team succeedingChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do.
Starting with the initial release of LEGO MINDSTORMS™ in 1998, we have been at the forefront of building experiences that merge digital and physical play. Today, building on this history with products like LEGO SPIKE Prime™, LEGO BOOST™, and LEGO HIDDEN SIDE™. Creating these new types of learning and play opportunities for children requires a highly innovative, collaborative, and iterative mindset and approach.
Our team at LEGO Education builds the technology that enables these types of creative, playful, and impactful learning experiences for children around the world. We are seeking an experienced and passionate Swift developer to join our team that designs and develops the user interfaces for our STEAM learning products.
Do you have what it takes?• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
• 3-5 years of experience in the development of iOS and/or MacOS applications
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Excellent working knowledge of Swift and related APIs
• Knowledge of front-end development pipelines and associated tools (e.g., test frameworks, version control, CI)
• Advanced English
Nice to have:
• Experience developing applications that interact with and control physical hardware (e.g., IoT, robotics, industrial automation)
• Experience with Bluetooth Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy, USB, and MFi
• Interest in TypeScript, React, and Python
• Motivated to continuously develop the skills of both themselves and their team
• Thrives in a highly collaborative team environment
• Passion for education and learning
Join the global LEGO familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group
“Playing with LEGO® bricks is a big part of what initially sparked my interests in engineering and mathematics. It is wonderful to be part of the team that is building the toys that will inspire the next generation of makers.”
If this sounds interesting to you, please apply here: