- Danmark, Syddanmark
- Job ID
Do you want to develop state of the art technology components that add outstanding play value and experiences for our end users?
Then join us to experience how a kid’s eyes light up when they are inspired by a technology component that you helped to create!
As our new Senior Firmware Engineer, you will join an awesome team of 10 highly engaged and skilled firmware colleagues.
The Firmware team is responsible for the development of all firmware product technologies for LEGO. The tasks include all aspects related to firmware in support of electronic prototyping, hardware development, and low-level API implementation.
We are also responsible for contributing towards test equipment for mass production, and we support production throughout the full product lifetime, including reengineering and maintenance. This includes:
• Early concept and technology innovation of firmware as part of a cross-functional team
• Prototyping technologies and play experience in close collaboration with novelty teams
• Specify and implement firmware components for relevant technologies in LEGO technology components
• Support external partners during the running in process of bringing our components to production
• Constant collaboration with Product Technology Engineering teams as well as our Product Design Groups
Play your part in our team succeeding
In Product Technology - Firmware, we strive towards being the electronics competence center at LEGO by being an inspiring and dependable value adding business partner. We develop state of the art technology components that add outstanding play value and experiences for our end users.
The Firmware team is part of the Product Technology organization which is in turn part of the LEGO Product Development organization located in Billund.
The product portfolio that Product Technology supports ranges from simple lighting and sound units, remote control hubs and peripherals, to advanced robotic platforms and LEGO Education products.
Do you have what it takes?
You hold a Bachelor’s degree within Science or similar Electronics/Firmware Engineering and have a minimum of 3-7 years working experience with a strong focus on microcontroller development and all of the challenges that come with limited processor resources.
• Experience with embedded C programming
• Some hardware experience and ability to read a basic schematic - you should know which end of a soldering iron is hot
• Demonstrated ability to use Git and bare-metal details such as linker scripts, map files, C pre-processor macro handling and industry standard HEX file formats
• Motivated and focused on team collaboration. Energized by winning together
Furthermore, it would be nice if you have:
• A high commitment towards embedded systems development, ideally by participating in or hosting an open-source project
• A high level of team engagement, and are able to spar with both engineers and creatives comfortably
• Proven experience with Python, Linux, and are comfortable with command-line utilities
• An innovation mind-set
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Bringing it to life
The Firmware Group within Product Technology is a highly experienced and cohesive team that takes pride in our work. We are constantly trying to improve our processes and develop new technology while building on our existing platforms. Join us and experience seeing a kid’s eyes light up when they are inspired by a technology component that you helped to create!