- Danmark, Syddanmark
- Job ID
- Information Technology
Are you our new extraordinary leader, with a passion for building a world class embedded firmware development team?And do you want to play a key strategic role in designing the roadmap and setting directions to release the full potential of technologies?
Then join our Product Technology organization and help us to proactively develop a state-of-the-art technology platform and best-in-class capabilities!
You will develop and lead a dedicated and strong firmware development team where you leverage both internal engineering talent alongside external development partners. You will:
• Work closely with key stakeholders, including hardware engineering, software developers, product management, project management, finance, operations, and external partners
• Provide guidance to the executive leadership team on critical technology decisions
• Drive continuous improvement of our Product Development Lifecycle
• Enhance our Continuous Integration build process
• Work with multi-functional teams to implement a Continuous Improvement practice
• Define and maintain progress metrics to keep team and management up to date on status, KPIs, risk and mitigation plans
• Interact closely with our internal portfolio management office to execute predictable software release cycles and diligently lead project workload and resource planning
• Collaborate with Systems Architecture, Design, and Product Management teams to define technology roadmap and scope development effort
• Identify, evaluate, qualify, select and manage third-party software development firms to augment and scale the core team
As people leader you will role model and mentor leadership throughout the organization and establish a culture of ownership and accountability. You lead effortless in a VUCA world and empower your people.
You lead your team to efficiently deliver high quality code and features on time and on budget whilst fostering multi-functional collaboration and productivity.
Play your part in our team succeedingProduct Technology delivers integrated build & play experiences in collaboration with LEGO’s Product Development organization.
To achieve this, we develop hardware and firmware in embedded solutions utilizing technology with a dedicated focus on reusability and scalability.
Do you have what it takes?The ideal candidate has a BSc or Master degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or related Engineering degree together with relevant firmware/software engineering experience. Furthermore, you come with:
• 8+ years of experience in firmware product design within the consumer, industrial or medical field and you have up-to-date firmware industry knowledge at an international level
• Solid knowledge of firmware / embedded software development best practices including source code control, build environments and testing methodologies and automated testing methods
• Knowledge of new product development - from concept to delivery
• Knowledge of C/(C++), Python for systems programming
• Excellent English communications skills - both written and oral
• A good sense of ownership, urgency and drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals
• Some experience in working according to agile methodologies
You have a proven track record of leadership capabilities. You work well with others, listen and communicate effortless with key partners within and outside of projects and functional areas. You are determined to establish a positive and productive team environment. This means that you:
• Lead courageously: Take personal responsibility to do the right things and persist in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapt quickly to change and make timely and thoughtful decisions
• Achieve results: Understand what drives overall business success and are accountable for prioritizing and delivering quality results. You anticipate obstacles and take action to prevent or minimize their impact
Join the global LEGO family
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
Bringing it to life
” We release the full potential of technologies to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow”.