- Danmark, Syddanmark
- Job ID
Could you see yourself lead a high performing engineering team that pioneering future building technologies while based at our new Headquarter in Billund?Buckle up and get yourself energized for a career journey full of opportunities for international leadership excellence. Bring out your sharpest communication instruments, pack-up your people leadership principals and get your playful groove on to lead an awesome team of global facility engineers.
Core ResponsibilitiesBe an authentic role-model by bringing your best version of a honest, energized and engaging leader to take on the responsibility of:
• Leading two teams of engineers, based in Shanghai and Billund
• Managing cost center (budget) within Travel, Training and consultancy of the team
• Performing annual performance review of the employees
• Facilitate regularly 1:1 with the employee to follow-up on personal development, performance and strategic line of sight
• Approve of investments, expense reports, vacation etc.
• Participate in steering committees for various projects, community groups etc.
• Developing strategic partnerships within selected facility technologies
• Formulate the strategic outline for Engineering Technology with deployment to the overall Engineering strategy.
Manage resources to match the project demands and set the team of engineers fit for purpose.
Play your part in our team succeedingRelentless focus on priorities.
The aspiration for this position is to enable strong and visible leadership within a functional area that has a significant impact on our building design, Facility Engineering Technology delivers consultancy and support within mechanical and electrical engineering towards building design and construction to ensure a stable and energy efficient facility environment of key utilities.
The team consists of a diverse group of capabilities, cultural background, location and ambitions which all share the same vision to deliver effective and sustainable solutions for our facilities around the globe.
This position is a challenge as is require multiple leadership styles fit for the different situations that occur in this job. On top, you will engage with senior management and stakeholders with strong views and impact to change the objectives, so it requires to be a strong communicator and loyal to what is best for LEGO.
Do you have what it takes?• Masters degree of Business administration or Engineering is preferred
• 7+ years of leadership within industries or companies similar as LEGO
• 5+ years of leading across borders both as long distance leadership or stationed is preferred
• Experience in project management within construction is preferred
• Strong communication skills with Senior Management, Steering Groups and external partners is required
• High leadership performance through teams with diversity and multi cultural aspects.
Energized by a mix of challenges with ability to find contrasts in solutions rather than “one-size-fits-all” approach.
• Preferably experience from a global organization working across cultures and countries
• General MS office applications
• Experience in energy management systems e.g. BMS, energy key or similar data analysis systems.
• Expected 50-75 travel days per year
• Danish written and spoken at negotiation level (C1)
• English written and spoken at negotiation level (C1) (business English).
• Spanish spoken (A1) optional not a requirement
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
In Facility Engineering, we lead through team to succeed as a one unit. We learn from mistakes to improve our performance, we celebrate our successes to fuel our motivation, and we deliver high performance by the culture of enhancing our ambitions.