Element Coach to bridge design and engineering (Maternity Cover)
Popis pracovní pozice
Kategorie pracovních pozic
Product Design/ Development
Are you system thinking with a creative mindset?Would you like to be a decisive piece in developing new LEGO® Bricks and elements? Do you have a background within industrial design or design engineering and would you like to be our new Element Coach ambassador that ensures a continued world-class building and play experience?
Be the important link between the designers and engineersYou will play a pivotal role in ensuring that The LEGO Group’s element (brick) and building platforms meet our core values in relation to consumer perceived quality in securing building and play values. This you will do by:
• Conducting continuous professional element coaching in novelty projects, launch projects and Materials projects and are approving all new elements
• Securing that all approved elements are in system, compatible and live up to the element standards and guidelines, which is the foundation for the LEGO Element structure
• Ensuring focus on Design for Manufacturing and Manufacturing for Design with an optimal coordination between development departments and the supply chain
• Participating in various new development and novelty projects in the concept phase, which all help optimize the element portfolio
• Leading and driving projects, tasks and acting as coach on other projects by contributing to professional element quality solutions at various project levels
You will join a team of 12 innovative and passionate good colleagues, all located in Billund, Denmark.
Ensure creativity and qualityThe LEGO Group is a family-owned international company that brings creativity, collaboration and quality to everything we do. Your coaching ensures that the new LEGO Bricks or exiting LEGO bricks in new materials are compatible with existing elements, so that children can use the bricks to build new and imaginative creations again and again – only their creativity sets the limits. Thereby, you help bring our end-users, the children, some fantastic experiences.
You are collaborator with both design and analytics skillsUsing your understanding of complex element platforms, you take a holistic overview and you are able to de-brief and train colleagues through your coaching skills. In addition, we imagine that you:
• Have experience with creative and innovative development processes and can see commercial opportunities and consequences
• Strive to deliver consistently within your competence area
• See yourself as a specialist and are motivated by contemplation
• Properly have a background within industrial design or design engineering, with 1-4 years’ experience from product development area
• Comfortable in an international environment and possess good communication skills
• Use your courage, initiative, good sense of humor and professional attitude to keep up the good atmosphere and the high level in the department
Join the global family of LEGO®In the LEGO® Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach your application and a current CV.
The position was posted 14.10.2019 and may be online up to ten weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.
Bringing it to life
“As an Element Coach you will be a part of the exciting and creative product development area in The LEGO Group. You will have a key role to secure that the end product gives unlimited build and play experiences for kids.”