Key Account Manager, Specialist Department Stores, SG & MY (Location: Kuala Lumpur)
Malaysia, Petaling Jaya
Would you like to build a great relationship with our customers in order to inspire the builders of tomorrow?Bring along all your expertise in sales, and customers management, in order to leverage the presence of LEGO in APAC!
Core Responsibilities• Drive alliance and collaboration with Social Media team on digital marketing initiatives
• Strategy, Negotiation and selling
• Account Management
• Prepare customer business plans
• Prepare forecast/sales plan.
• Perform consumer sales tracking and analysis.
• Prepare customer meetings, including a phenomenal deal of Excel and PowerPoint work.
• Prepare, analyse and following up on planograms.
• Prepare monthly reports.
• Participate in customer meetings and independently drive chosen projects.
• Carry out customer visits.
Play your part in our team succeedingThis role will chip in the new SEA organization which includes Singapore, Malaysia and 10 Emerging Asia Markets.
The key responsibilities of this position will be to lead key partner accounts that account for a portion of the turnover of LEGO SEA and develop strategic customer business plans that will drive sales growth. To maintain an accurate and balanced sales forecast over a 12-month horizon that meets the demands of the customers/consumers and be proactive to changes in actual demand. This will be achieved by having a holistic understanding of market trends, a shown relationship with KAPs and executing trade initiatives to optimize sales opportunities.
Do you have what it takes?• Bachelor degree or above; Master degree is desirable
• 5+ years working with Key accounts, preferably within FMCG or Branded Retail industry in SEA
• 3+ years experience working in cross-functional environment
• 3+experience in selling and negotiation
• Proficient in MS Office Excel and PowerPoint
• Advanced English (spoken and written) to liaise with English speaking stakeholders
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to build a diverse, dynamic and versatile culture of play at the organization, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate everyone, the loved ones that make us who we are. Collaborating at LEGO also means you will enjoy the annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “encourage and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at The LEGO Group.
"This is an opportunity to enjoy the dynamism and excitement of a newly created Business Unit!"