Moulding Technology – Mechanical Engineering
Do you dream of working with innovative and robust design to create world-class industrial products? And do your classmates think you are a super talented mechanical engineer?Together with you, we will raise the bar in the moulding industry in regards to performance, reliability, sustainability, manufacturability and cost efficiency. Through our technologies, we provide even more cool LEGO brick opportunities – and we would like you to participate on the journey.
Core ResponsibilitiesBased in our Moulds & Moulding department in Billund, Denmark your main responsibilities will be to:
- Drive the analytical and data-driven approach and adapting theory into moulding solutions. Whereas your coworkers represent years of moulding experience, you will drive the analytical agenda.
- Embraces ‘chaos’ (many projects/ad hoc tasks) Risk willingness
- ‘Just do it’ even though the path is unknown
- Delivery of technology prototypes for testing, which purpose is to verify robustness of solution and providing stakeholder input towards solution. Based upon that, adjust solution compared to input.
- You will drive test methods upfront meaning that test procedures are defined along by designing the technology solution.
Play your part in our team succeedingYou will join Moulds & Moulding (M&M) R&D, our overall focus is to implement innovative moulding solutions globally towards LEGO operation. You will be part of a team of engaged and motivated employees who deliver robust and intuitive solutions which provides new opportunities for LEGO System A/S.
The department is responsible for:
- Leading platform development processes within moulding
- Combine new technology & consumer trends to next generation of competitiveness
- LEGO platform principles.
- Show best practice and inspire regarding robust design approaches.
We design and mature moulding platforms. We think modular from element design to manufacturing solutions. This means our engineering solutions are developed with respect to our overall design architecture. Overall this lower complexity in operation and minimize dedicated solutions towards product groups.
We aim to design upon the goals of Robust Design introducing an operational, tangible and scalable way for LEGO operation to develop products with predictable performance and unambiguous engineering designs. We do development through kinematically correct mechanisms including kinematic and dynamic optimisations and developing new technologies to ramp up production.
Do you have what it takes?- A master degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience with CAD systems and 3D design
- Variation, tolerance design and basic statistics
- Being “one of the best in class” when it come the mechanical engineering proved by a track record.
- Mechanical and structural design – analytical and simulation skills
- Ability to boil down complex mechanical and physics challenges into simplified models
- Strong interest in robust design principles
- A global mind-set capable of creating strong relations with stakeholders across geographical, cultural and professional borders
- Previous experience working with robust design in practise
- Track record of solved design issues from different industries. Might be through projects done linked with master program. Through that, demonstrated ability to solve tough problems.
Lastly, we expect you to be fluent in written and spoken English
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
“You get a unique opportunity of driving the way of robust design theory. Being frontmover in relation to data-driven mechanical design and contribute by keeping robust design theory alive in the technology solutions made by R&D as well as across LEGO ”