LEGO enthusiast builds 9 metre Christmas Tree at The Trafford Centre
It’s all LEGO at The Trafford Centre this Christmas with the festivities well underway. One of the major attractions is a 9 metre high LEGO Christmas Tree that is sure to stop shoppers in their tracks. This epic Christmas Tree is made out of over 350,000 LEGO bricks, featuring 108 branches and 450 LEGO baubles!
The tree has been created and installed by Duncan Titmarsh from Surrey. There’s no doubt that he has one of the coolest jobs in the country and is sure to be envy of young boys everywhere, as he is the UK’s only Certified LEGO Professional and there are only 13 in the world!
The LEGO Christmas tree has been planted next to John Lewis and will be The Trafford Centre from 1st November – don’t miss it!
For further information, images please contact :
FUN LEGO FACTS
- The company name LEGO was conjured up by its founder Ole Kirk Christiansen from the Danish phrase leg godt, which means ‘play well’
- There are about 3,900 different elements in the LEGO range, comprising 58 different LEGO colours
- Six eight-studded LEGO bricks can be combined in 915 million different ways
- Approximately 23 billion LEGO elements are made every year in Billund – equivalent to 24 million every hour of 40,000 per minute
- If you laid all the LEGO bricks sold each year end to end, they would reach more than ten times round the world
- The world’s children spend 5 billion hours a year playing with LEGO bricks